Saturday, February 24, 2018

Paperbacks from Hell LIVE! in Portland Maine

Hi everyone! I am super excited to announce officially that after months of plotting and scheming, the Green Hand Bookshop and SPACE Gallery have picked a date for Grady Hendrix to come to Portland and regale you with the wild world of vintage horror paperbacks!!!

I know a lot of you have already been reading his great book, Paperbacks from Hell, either because you stumbled across it on your own, or because my ravings drove you to come find a copy at my shop or elsewhere, and from everything I've heard back, you are all loving it to death.

Now, take it to the next level! Grady in person!!!

[Tune in next for: "How many exclamation points can Michelle use when she's really excited and typing about it?!!!!!" The answer: So many. So, so many.]

YES! IT'S TRUE!!!

WHAT: Paperbacks from Hell LIVE!!!
A wild ride through the world of vintage horror paperback culture
PLUS! A screening of 80s horror schlock classic The Re-Animator
WHO: Grady Hendrix, author of My Best Friend's Exorcism and Horrorstör
WHEN: Friday, April 27th, 2018; doors open 6:30pm, starts 7:00pm
WHERE: SPACE Gallery, 538 Congress St, Portland, ME 04101
FMI: space538.org/events/paperbacks-hell-grady-hendrix

Facebook event page here:
facebook.com/events/144073082948819/

After seeing Grady's presentation at NecronomiCon last year down in Providence RI, and meeting him in person, I became determined to bring him up here to Stephen King country to do his live version of Paperbacks from Hell LIVE! for all of you. Thanks to the lovely folks at SPACE Gallery, we are able to make this happen!

Paperbacks from Hell LIVE! will be followed by a screening of Stuart Gordon's Re-Animator, starring one of my Lovecraftian favorites, Jeffrey Combs in one of his iconic roles. Since it's based on an H.P. Lovecraft story, and because "When in New England...," Grady will be adding special bonus Lovecraft (and Stephen King) content to the show for this one night only.



Some of you told me about Grady before this awesome book came out, because he is also the author of two other excellent and entertaining horror novels, My Best Friend's Exorcism and Horrorstör. I'm reading both of them now, and I agree wholeheartedly with my customers' reviews.
Grady Hendrix portrait by Kagan McLeod of INFINITE KUNG FU
So -- bring your books, or buy them at the event (I will have all 3 of Grady's books on hand for sale), and you can have Grady sign them for you as a special treat during this evening of horrific fun!

It's going to be a fantastic evening! Don't miss it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment