Tuesday, March 24, 2020

The latest update on closures

Hi folks, at a press conference today, the City of Portland announced a shelter-in-place order taking effect tomorrow, Weds March 25 at 5:00pm. I have linked to a report about it below.

What does this mean for the shop? It means I won't be available for local touch-free pickup any more, but (until otherwise announced) I can still mail items to your doorstep. You can email michelle.souliere@gmail.com if you have any requests and I will do what I can to fill them.

To those of you who have gone out of their way to try to buffer this blow by supporting the shop with your purchases of gift certificates and books, I cannot adequately express my fathomless appreciation. It has been tremendously touching to me to know that my business is not just a business, it's a big, wonderful, book-filled family that sprawls across the country and back. Thank you, thank you, thank you, from the bottom of my heart. --Michelle

I hope you are all safe at home and staying well. It's important! Hang in there, everyone. We will get through this together. Stay smart!!!
Wonderful sketch from happier days by Jamie Hogan.
https://www.wmtw.com/article/portland-issues-stay-at-home-order-for-businesses-residents/31916507

No comments:

Post a Comment